Sunday 28 October 2007

a bad week...

...but not quite as disasterous as it could have been. After doing so not so well earlier in this week, I was hoping to focus and pull myself up and back into profit for this week. Instead, I managed to go on a massive downswing, the nadir of which left me back down in the $30s for my bankroll. The worst of it was that very little of my play was particularly bad. I couldn't point to too many incidents where I made particularly bad calls. It was just that the run of cards I had was consistently bad, and the very rare occasion I took a premium hand I got no action, or horrible suckouts.

It was most dispiriting, but fortunately I had a sudden turnaround this afternoon. After some fairly quiet play, I'd finally got paid by a fish and doubled up. I decided to cash-out and hit a new table. My first hand I turned a straight against an opponent with AA that had chosen to slowplay it and only try and push once I had a made hand. The very next hand i get 54s, flop a 4 and get a free card to see a 5 on the turn. Third hand i make a boat and have almost trebled my original buy-in. Anyway, from that point things went quite well, and though it wasn't enough to fully undo the carnage of the previous sessions, I at least reached a point of it not being quite so embarrassing...


This Week: -$6.68
Total: $48.06

No comments: