Tuesday 2 October 2007

just what i needed

Finally, I've broken my losing streak!
Tonight I had a really fun session, and ended up $3.71 in profit. Given my current run, I decided to buy-in with a slightly smaller stack of $3. It ended up working quite well - I felt a bit more relaxed with less to risk, and when you're down you're never too far away from being back to break even. Plus, when I was up I was still looking at my pot as if I'd come in with $5, so I wasn't tempted to loosen up too much.

Also, I had a visit to the table from my friend Steve. When he's down on the loose-change tables, where the max buy-in is less than a blind on his tables, he plays very loose bluffy poker, which makes for a very entertaining game. It also meant I had a ready caller when I hit good hands, which is always nice!

In general I felt so much more relaxed compared to the last few sessions I've played. Recently I've been very aware of my bankroll dropping quite steadily, and I've been a little tense. But after mucking around with Steve before he went off to play some real poker, I'd forgotten really about 'needing to win' and was able to just have fun, and I played much better for it.

So, I've ended my losing streak finally and got my confidence back a bit. Let's hope it's the start of a nice upswing, and not a blip in my downward spiral!

No comments: