Monday 23 July 2007

and again....

...I hang around far past the point I'm really enjoying myself or focussing properly and end up losing money. I'm really angry with myself because I spoiled a great deal of good play just from a refusal to stop playing when I knew I really should.

I'd played well across a couple of tables, and was around $4 up. I decided to have one more go, and yet again I let myself go totally on tilt. I dropped down to about $2 (from usual $5 buy-in), built myself back up to about $3.50 but just couldn't bring myself to stand-up from the table! Instead I just got looser and looser, until I finally wiped out. It's becoming quite a common problem for me now, the inability to leave until I'm either wiped-out or back in profit. The stupid thing is that overall I'd still have been up if I'd walked away with $3.50, or even with $2. But instead I just get trapped, and get frustrated and fatalistic.

It's a huge hole in my game, much bigger at the moment than any of the actual strategy and something I need to fix as soon as I can.

No comments: